Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Back to the house at Pooh Corner.

My emotions are in a frenzy right now, and I'm attributing a lot to the fact that it's two o'clock in the morning. I have way too much on my mind to sleep right now anyway. I've been giving way too much thought to what I want to be when I grow up. I know I don't have to decide anything right now, and my mom keeps counseling me to just take my time, do some more generals, and test the waters, but I'm just so anxious! I wish things like this came easily to me. Each time I get excited about a major or a career path, I start thinking too hard about it, and all of a sudden it doesn't sound like fun to me any more. So far the candidates are:
  • Vocal Performance
  • Interior Design (shot down because the U doesn't have an interior design program)
  • Art Major
  • Film Studies
  • Philanthropy
  • Social Work
All valid ideas, all equally suited for me, but I just can't figure things out. All I know is that I love to sing, I love children, I love volunteer work, and I want to do some thing BIG! Something really important, save the world kind of big. I was really effected when I saw The Social Network the other day. Mark Zuckerberg was my age when he invented Facebook. There are people my age doing amazing things, and feel so mediocre. I feel like I have the ambition to do something great, but I don't know how to go about doing it. I seriously need some guidance. I'm going to make an appointment with a career counselor once classes start up again.

I fully understand that every college student struggles with these same worries, and it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one with these fears. I guess it's all part of some greater plan, and we're not supposed to know what we were all meant to be, but it's hard to be patient and let destiny reveal herself.  I'm just going to have to trust that the Lord intends for me to do something meaningful, and pray.

XOXO
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment