Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Catching Up on Life.

Why do I always feel like I have 1000 projects I want to get done, and zero time to do them. I was never this busy when I was at UVU. Thank you University of Utah for sucking up so much of my life. Even though staying busy keeps me happy, I would like to not have to schedule time to hang with my best friend!

Frustrations aside, I feel like I have accomplished a lot this week. I earned some money babysitting (which will immediately be spent on the $90 speeding ticket I was fortunate enough to receive last weekend), I finished The Hunger Games and started Catching Fire, I cleaned my room, I got my institute parking pass, I went to the dentist, I finished all of my homework and got some serious study time in, I helped throw a fantastic birthday party for my dad, and I finally finished my wall decoration project! It turned out just as good as I'd hoped for (I'll be posting pictures once I actually have it hanging on my wall). Several projects down and about a billion more to go. It can be hard to keep track of them all, because once I get one thing done, five more get added to the list. At least I'm not bored out of my mind right?

Not only has this week been a week of catch up, it has also been a week of premiers. All of my favorite shows have started their Fall seasons this week. So far I've gotten to Glee, Modern Family, and Gossip Girl, then I have Big Bang Theory on Thursday and Supernatural on Friday! All three of the premiers I've seen thus far have been well worth the wait. *Spoiler Alert* I absolutely adore the new Glee boy! His name is Sam, Chord Overstreet, and he replaces Finn as the quarterback of the football team. What a hunk! I don't know if it's his boyish charm, or his dazzling smile, but I'm seriously hoping the rumors aren't true about him being brought in to play Kurt's new boyfriend. Even though it's not real, it would still feel like a blow to all us single ladies out there.

The best part of my week, however, was definitely my dad's B-Day party. He turned 49 this year, and even though 49 isn't exactly a mile-marker in a man's life, this year we had extra cause to celebrate. We realized this year my father wouldn't be spending his birthday in the hospital. For the past year and a half, my dad has been in and out of the hospital with two colon ruptures and about a dozen hernias. It's been a trial for my family, but we've kept strong, and now my dad is healthier than ever! We celebrated by inviting a bunch of our friends and family over for desserts and music. It was a huge success, and I got to see a lot of wonderful people I haven't seen in a long time.

That's pretty much it for this week. Hopefully I'll be better about updating more often.

XOXO
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment