Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Labor Day and Such.

Hello again! My apologies for the lengthy gap between this post and my last. It seems like during the day (while I'm away from my computer) I'm constantly struck by blogging inspiration. There are so many deep, thought provoking topics I would like to discuss, but by the time I get home all I really want to do is watch eat, watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer re-runs, and go to bed. So now you're stuck reading about my Labor Day weekend, and whatever trivial aspects of my life I choose to share with you, because I honestly don't have the emotional "chutzpah" to write about anything deeper.

I you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend, because mine happened to be both exhilarating, and productive. I chose to spend my time off of school in Moab, Utah. working a massive Labor Day sale held by the Moab Adventure Center. I figured it would be a good way to earn a little extra cash to help pay for the remainder of my school books. I'm swiftly approaching the depletion of my funds, and I completely emptied my savings account to pay tuition yesterday. Anywho... When I wasn't hard at work tending to the sale, I got to spend my time catching up with some of the greatest people on earth. It was very nice seeing my work friends again. It has been extremely weird going from being around this close knit group of friends 24/7, then moving back to Salt Lake and being alone most of the time. I was very grateful to have the opportunity to see them all again before we all become too busy. There were a few of us missing (Alison... This means you.), but that didn't put a complete damper on the weekend.

I was a little sad to say goodbye to Moab once more, but there has been no lack of projects to keep myself busy here in Salt Lake. I just completed, and successfully turned in, my first paper of the school year.  It was for my government class, and I chose to write about the Muslim mosque being built a few blocks away from Ground Zero.  I figured I would be condemned the least for my opinion on this issue compared to the other issues being examined today.

I've also been working on redecorating my room in the least expensive way possible, which means I will be making all of the decorations myself. Right now I'm trying to tackle a particularly interesting wall display, inspired by the Anthropologie store in The Gateway. I'll post the picture of the Anthropologie version of my wall decoration, so you can compare it to my version once I've finished. Keep in mind that they will be pretty different.  For instance, my version wont be gold or made out of small sheets of thin metal. Instead, my version will contain different shades of blues and greens, and will be made out of foam board, hot glue, and scrap booking paper. Hopefully I wont regret showing you the professional version if my version ends up being a disaster.

XOXO
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment