Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back to School.

It's that wonderful time of year again! A time to shop for new clothes, purchase the necessary books/school supplies, drag my sorry carcass out of bed earlier, and drain the majority of my savings account to pay tuition. Sadly, as I say goodbye to Summer, I'm also saying goodbye to pretty much every last scent I worked so hard to earn over the last six months. I do not let this bring me down, however, because this school year is going to be different. I'm starting this year with brand new motivation and ambition. I have to admit, I am a little nervous, but not for the classes themselves. I'm more worried about me making it to each class on time. Not knowing the campus as well as I'd like, I hope I've planned enough time between each class to avoid tardiness. Tomorrow's schedule goes as follows:

10:45-11:35 US Government
11:50-12:40 1st Aid
2:00-2:50 Intro to Quantitative Reasoning (Algebra)

It shouldn't be too bad. I've got 15 minutes between my first two classes, and hour between the second and third.  Tuesdays and Thursdays I have Institute and a class called "Does ET Exist?" and there is about a 3 1/2 hour gap between the two. I know... I have to be one of the biggest nerds on the planet to be taking a class called "Does ET Exist?", and yes... it is indeed a class about  the existence of extraterrestrial life. According to the UofU's website, the class can take up to 100 students, but only 11 have signed up. I feel less lame knowing I have a friend in the class. Well, a friend of a friend, John, who is friends with my best friend, Travis. It's a 1080 class, and I've never been particularly good at science, so I hope the class isn't to difficult for me to handle. I'm realizing now that all of my classes are either science or math related. Oh goodness... what have I gotten myself into! I'm sure I'll be fine tomorrow. My dad gave me the annual 1st day of school father's blessing, a tradition my family has had as far back as I can remember.

I'm looking at the clock and the new, self-motivated, over achieving version of myself is realizing that the later I stay up, the harder it will be to get out of bed in the morning. So, like I previously mentioned, I will be dragging my "sorry carcass" out of bed promptly at 7:00 am to enjoy a hearty breakfast and head off to my first day of Fall Semester. Wish me luck!

XOXO
Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment