Monday, December 20, 2010

"Another Saturnalia Miracle!"

I'm deeply sorry about my lack of posts over the last few months. I would blame my incredibly busy schedule, but as it turns out, despite being a full time student and having a part time job, I have had entirely too much time on my hands. None of which have been spent blogging, however. So here I am, fully committing to at least one blog post a week during the new year. Yay resolutions!

I'd been feeling a little blue, because I had been having a hard time finding my Christmas spirit this year.  When I was little, the week before Christmas was the slowest and most exciting week of my life, because I was constantly counting the moments until the arrival of Jolly Old St. Nicholas.  It seems that every year since I stopped believing in Santa it has been harder and harder to find that same excitement.  So this year I decided to look deep down and discover what Christmas really means to me.

While on my search I heard people give the typical meanings of Christmas (The spirit of giving, charity, love...). And of course there is always that one person every year who seems to have a personal vendetta against the celebration of Christmas, who goes on and on about it originally being a pagan holiday, and how Christians stole it, and how we shouldn't celebrate Christmas because Christ is only a myth...blah blah blah... Scrooge, Scrooge, Scrooge.... Then it hit me one day, as I was listening to a classmate give a well rehearsed argument against Christianity, that Christ's birth was really what I needed to be celebrating this season. I have been through so much this year, and have gained such a strong testimony, it seemed almost selfish to not completely devote myself to the Lord this Christmas.

So this year, as I'm opening up my presents on Christmas morning, I will be thinking of the greatest gift I have ever been given. The gift of eternal salvation, given to me by my savior.  It's because of him that I'm where I am today, and I have so much to be grateful for this season.

XOXO

Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment